Sunday, December 5, 2010

Cooper Music Blog

I missed the day we discussed our favorite music so the our class missed out on the greatness of this band. They are called Down. Down's first album was released during the 1995 and put their genre of Sludge Metal on the map. Formed in New Orleans, the band is made up of various members from the area who play in other bands who get together to play in the legendary Down. The well-known main singer Phil Anselmo, and the bassist Rex Brown, were both members of the band Pantera, before it broke apart.
Throughout high school I was in love with the explosiveness of death metal and the fast strumming of thrash guitars, but then I came to school in the South and a whole new world was open to me. I was introduced to Down and sludge metal. The slow yet very definitive riff, face melting guitar solos, and clear vocals quickly put this music at the top of my list. I've never been able to listen to pop music, or whats on the radio because that music simply isn't good. Anybody can take an auto-tuner and make a Kesha song.
Metal on the other hand is a whole different world.

1 comment:

  1. The class might have missed out on a great band, but you missed out on participating with your group. You left them in the lurch.

    ReplyDelete