Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bienvenu, MY Avatar


In our last class we discussed an avatar as being “another version of the self,” “a virtual representation in a simulation” and/or “an embodiment of a concept.” There was however one specific explanation of an avatar that struck me most; an avatar is an image of yourself you want to project to others. When I started thinking about what I wanted my avatar to be I realized I would first have to figure out how I wanted people to see me.


One of the main things I want people to know about me is how creative I am. As a graphic design major I thrive on the creative visuals backed by complex concepts I create. Another thing I would want people to know by looking at my avatar is that I am a strong and unique female. Lastly, I would want people to know how intricate and crazy my thought process is. My head is always running with ideas, questions, and answers. One of my favorite things to do in design is to show my process and how I got from the beginning to the end.


For my avatar I chose a picture I drew in class of a nude model. The drawing is not of me but it still shows my artistic skill and my love for creativity through it’s use of color and figure drawing. The drawing also shows that I am a strong and unique female because this is not a perfect woman drawn but she is still beautiful and unique. Lastly, the wandering thread in the background shows the ever going journey that my brain is taking me on. This is the same journey I want my avatar to convey.

1 comment:

  1. Margot, this is a very nice blog, and I am glad you used your own work to represent your blog. Do not overuse the word unique.

    ReplyDelete