Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Avatar, Chris Coulter

I have chosen a mixture of an Avatar to represent myself. As a Gemini, the twins, I felt it only fitting. My Avatar is a cross between Jesus and Ash from the "Evil Dead" trilogy. I chose this Avatar for several reasons; Its incredibly blasphemous, has a boom stick, a chainsaw, its done in black and white, and "Hail to the king baby."
The character of Ash is the perfect reluctant hero. A person who is thrust into circumstances out his own control, but somehow is able to come out on top despite being up against insurmountable odds. And even though in the end he accidentally hauls an ancient evil into his own time he deals with it with confidence and in his own way. And I can't count the times I've gotten some small thing wrong and hauled evil behind me through time. For the Jesus part he was a person who stood against the standards of his own time, something I can also identify with. I thought the imbalance between the perfect and the vastly flawed made for an accurate portrayal of how I view myself.

1 comment: