Sunday, October 10, 2010

Cole, Avatar



Jim Halpert is one of the main characters in the popular TV series, The Office. Jim works for Dunder Mifflin Paper Company under Michael Scott (Steve Carrell) and is constantly playing planks on his co workers, or making sarcastic comments at the often ridiculous office meetings. Jim continues to stress that his job there is only temporary until he gets his career plans in order, but continues to be a top salesman. Throughout the seasons, it is known that Jim would rather be a writer of some sort, but is stuck in the Dunder Mifflin world. I would also like to be a writer, or be involved with the media, but am currently stuck in this thing called college. I also am rarely serious even when I should be and love to be sarcastic and joke around with people (in good fun, of course). Jim uses his subtle sarcasm to get through the either mundane or ridiculous days that happen at work. For example, in an interview one day with Jim he comments, "One day Michael came in complaining about a speed bump on the highway. I wonder who he ran over then." In short, Jim is the alter ego to my life now, and if I end up working for an obscure paper company under a crazy boss someday, at least I’ll have my humor. This video conveys Jim, and in turn myself, better than any words could…


1 comment:

  1. I think you mean that Jim is playing pranks not planks; proofread your blog.Do you find college mundane and ridiculous? If you do you are spending a lot of money being bored.

    ReplyDelete