Thursday, October 21, 2010

Knoepfler, Social Network


I remember seeing the first preview for The Social Network a few months back. At first, I thought the movie was a joke. There was just no way that a movie about Facebook could be as good as it turned out to be, yet alone serious at all. Facebook just seemed like a part of everyday life permanently weaved into our lives. It’s not a story, it’s not a tool, it’s not a marketing Godsend, or anything. Its just Facebook. It was hard for me to take it seriously.

That being said, I went into the movie with a generally negative outlook. I didn’t think an interesting movie could be written about the founding of Facebook. What I didn’t know, however, was that the founding of Facebook was surrounded by betrayal and even treachery. The story was surprisingly awesome, and it was told very well. The method of flashback story telling accurately portrayed the loss of friendship between Zuckerberg and Saverin.

The acting in the movie was also phenomenal. I’m starting to respect Justin Timberlake a lot more than I used to. D*ck in a box bumped him down a lot in my approval ratings, but his extremely accurate portrayal of a sleazy entrepreneur in this movie. The acting in this film made it feel very realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment