Sunday, October 24, 2010

Quentin, Jackass 3D






















My friends and I went to see Jackass 3D over the break because there was a big fuzz about it and lots of my friends advised me to go see it. It ended up being really disappointing because most of the things the actors/stunt men do is related to nasty things. People getting hurt is funny to watch but people bungee jumping in a portable toilet full of crap is just too much. This movie is part of a trilogy and to me, it was the worst of all. The use of 3D was not very helpful in enhancing the quality of the movie.


I thought some parts of it were hilarious such as the part when Johny Knoxville, the most famous character of all runs away from a dog and tries to climb a pole and gets his butt chewed on. I think that what makes this a good movie to the audience is that the director did a great job editing. All in all, the movie is just made of many shots taken of the casting doing crazy stunts and those are simple shots just taken from the ground or from different angle around the character at eye level. In order to make people laugh even more and really enjoy each scenes, the director slow motioned every scenes where someone is about to get hurt or crash into something and we can really observe everything such as the face expressions and the motion of the body after being hit. Even though the grossness of the movie really made me dislike it, I think that they did a great job editing the film. The directors said in an interview that they were able to do this thanks to the new technology that they got in filming. The use of angle shots and lights were also well placed along the film. Jackass started as a TV show and is now one of the biggest box office. I do not know what is wrong with our generation. We enjoy watching people getting hurt, and getting covered in crap just for our entertainment. I really think that cinema is changing with time. Back then, this kind of movie would have been banned and prohibited from being released. I guess the tables have turned.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you liked this film. Remember, Last Name in title, full name in label.
    MM

    ReplyDelete