Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Seither Avatar


If I were to designate an avatar to be representative of myself, I would choose Schroeder from the comic strip/ cartoon Peanuts. Schroeder is the striped-shirt wearing beau of Lucy, and she is always leaning on the piano while he is playing. Schroeder, who is one of Charlie Brown's closest friends has an appearance that is not all that dissimilar from my own. His blonde hair is the main physical characteristic that allows me to see him as my avatar; however, it is Schroeder's personality rather than his physical appearance that I see as important in choosing him as my avatar.

Schroeder has a precocious talent for playing the piano, and I also have a talent for the piano that was developed at an early age. Schroeder and I both have an knack for playing the piano at odd times and in odd places. Even more coincidental than that is the fact that Schroeder's favorite classical composer is Beethoven, who is also my favorite. In fact, Schroeder is often depicted with a bust of Beethoven gracing the top of his piano, I have a similar bust in my house, and though it is not on my piano, it is close. The final characteristic that I see in Schroeder that he is the epitome of a loyal friend to Charlie Brown. Though I may not always succeed in my quest to be a loyal friend, loyalty is perhaps the quality that I most wish to emulate.

No comments:

Post a Comment