Thursday, October 21, 2010

Barkley- The Social Network, A Review

I had zero intentions of seeing The Social Network. I believed that any film, whose plot was based off of Facebook, would have to be a joke. Despite the fact that this movie received rave reviews from critics and from my friends, I was still skeptical. To my surprise, I actually thought that David Fincher did a great job with this film, as I was very apprehensive about the film. Although Fincher hasn't really done a bad film too date and in fact, he has just announced that he will be directing the American version of Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. As it seems, Fincher can't really go wrong with anything.
Although The Social Network's main plot was about Facebook's history and upbringing, the film really focused on the break down of Mark and Eduardo's friendship. This, in my opinion, was the best feature of the film. The audience was able to see two best friends become split apart by jealousy, greed, and treachery. Eduardo was portrayed as Mark's friend through and through, no matter what Mark wanted to do, Eduardo was on board. However the two friends began to see things differently as Facebook began to really make a splash on the internet. Eduardo's personally as a businessman really began to show as Facebook gained recognition. Whereas Mark just wanted Facebook to be cool, and was all about the cool factor. This is when the friendship between Mark and Eduardo really began to break down. To me, this was the most interesting part of the film.

It was interesting to watch how things unfolded. The Social Network did a great job of doing this. The film flipped back and forth from the trial to what actually happened. Overall I believe this film did a great job of portraying the series of events that took place during the evolution of Facebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment