Sunday, October 10, 2010

Kozaites, Mikey Avatar


For my avatar, I chose the character Mikey Walsh (Sean Astin) from the 1985 film 'The Goonies'. I feel as though his character is a representation of myself because of his desire for adventure and relentlessness in his pursuit. I share this quality with him among others. For instance, he has a fascination with the romanticized past almost to the point of delusion. He is easily frightened if the situation calls for it, yet his determination stays in tact. He has a close knit group of friends and a strong older brother. Though at heart, Mikey, like myself, is just a kid with a big imagination who wants to have fun with his friends. Mikey isn't the smartest guy around, but he gets the job done, and he has fun while doing it. These are all things that I admire about him, and similarly share with him.

As of now I don't think I would want to be anyone or anything else, as I am comfortable with who I am. But if I could be (or could have been) anyone, it would be a kid from the Eighties who goes on a grand adventure most kids dream of.
This video shows some of Mikey's flaws and strengths (blind optimism, courage, asthma, hope, etc.)

"Goonies Never Say Die"


1 comment:

  1. I remember Mikey. Didn't kids in the nineties go on grand adventures in TV shows?

    ReplyDelete