Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hutchinson-Avatar

My Avatar is the main character from a 90's cartoon show, Sailor Moon. I used to come home from school every day and watch this show; it was literally the highlight of my life. I blame Serena, her name when not the ass-kicking super hero, for most of my personality today: good and bad. She was my idol growing up; I wanted to be just like her. I’m still not entirely sure why. Serena was always sleeping, often having to run out of her house with a piece of toast hanging from her mouth because she slept through her alarm. She was whiney, and needy, and dreadfully annoying, but for some reason I idolized her. In fact, I still do. I’m really proud to say that I am still exactly like Serena, minus the really cool ability to turn into super hero, and I’m not some secret moon princess. I’m always asleep, always. I even slept through my 8th grade celebration of my football team winning the city championship. Ask any of my friends, it’s impossible to hang with me half the time, because if I’m not at work, I’m at home sleeping. More often than not I sleep through my alarm and run out of my house without any breakfast. I’m extremely whiney and needy to my friends, not to the extent of Serena, but I think she made me believe it was ok to be that annoying. I used to have long blonde hair, which I wore in pigtails almost every day (I never could perfect her “meatball head.”) Though she is a bit of a brat, she cares about her friends and would really do anything for them, often sacrificing herself to save them. I’m happy that I learned that from her, not that I’ve actually had to give up my life for my friends, but still, I believe I would. I picked up on her loyalty. That’s what the show was about, the bond and love among friends, and she was its center. There is nothing more important to me than my friends, just like Serena. She’s a giant dork, just like me, not to mention clumsy and spastic. I’m also going to blame my tendency to date older guys on her, because her boyfriend on the show was about 10 years older than her, though I never go that much older. That’s just gross.




1 comment:

  1. I taught a Sailor Moon in my Anime class with Bill Farge. I love some of the Japanese anime. I hope you are not whiney and needy.

    ReplyDelete