Sunday, October 10, 2010

Gevry, Avatar

It is hard to find one picture that is able to encompass everything a person is. And nearly impossible to select one image from the millions upon billions that are out there. An avatar is something that not only has to represent me but in doing so has to make sure that the message is not misconstrued. It has to have the innate ability to portray an aspect of myself without a lengthy explanation or essay as to why it does. For me even selecting one aspect of myself to represent in a single effort was a truly daunting task. It forces one to investigate himself in a fashion that otherwise would not happen.

Having said that, for my avatar I selected the New Orleans Saints logo. I remember you touching upon the Saints as an avatar for New Orleans in general and it got me to thinking about how much the Saints and New Orleans mean to me. Being in the Air Force my family moved around a lot. Switching between so many towns, states, and countries no place every really felt like home except for New Orleans. My mother was born and raised here and all of her family (pre Katrina) lived in New Orleans or close enough to call it. So for Christmas we would always return to the Big Easy and somehow it just felt right. Of the three siblings I have out of the house all but one have returned to Louisiana. In essence we all returned home. This avatar reminds me of everything I love in life: my family, my city, and my Saints.




WHO DAT!



1 comment:

  1. Nice point about choice of an AVATAR. You do not want to be misconstrued, but I doubt that you want to be a football player either. Your choice of the Fleur de Lys is one that connects you to the city, not just the team.

    ReplyDelete