Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Jonas' Avatar


Much like Marina Abramovich, my avatar is a performance artist. I am a 35-year-old woman, ethereal and fiercely introspective, replete with a rich inner life. I am a Pisces: emotionally fluid, impossible to capture and loose myself in moments of sublimity, often when encountering the earth’s natural beauty. My hair is long and thick; my eyebrows arched dramatically. I wear handmade clothes, voluminous and rich and deep in color. I travel the world to share my performative art by staging events to provoke social questions and make political statements. I eat onions raw and weep. I sleep on nails and bleed. I am a gypsy, a vagabond and am sought out by reporters who try to make sense of my work. I hold intensive workshops for eager and open students of performance art in a remote camp to teach them meditation and my work’s craft.

1 comment:

  1. Jonas is not your last name. Use you last name in the title PLEASE. I do not think you loose yourself; rather, you lose yourself. Who sews the home-made clothes? Your personal sempstress? What social issues do you bring up?
    Very nice AVATAR.

    ReplyDelete